Thursday 29 November 2012

"Industrial is different from Education" everyone say so?!!

Its been quite a while since my last post on this blog. As for I am focusing my dissertation on proof and referencing to enhance my writing.
This came about my mind after interviewing an architect and ID firm.
If you have been reading my brief of why ID became a consultant than an artist these days, you will notice my issue tackled the current ID industry in Malaysia.

Why "Industry is different from Education" is the concern of ID practitioner? In my personal opinion, education programs are tailored and designated for the industry, but it was rather left behind and total different set of ethics are required for industry.
According to what I have learnt and see:
1. Because everyone in the industry practice this way.
2. The "greatness" provoked in education. An extraordinary element being introduced during education had causes the a "non-practical" mentality, which resulted in total abundant during industry practice.

Despite the great idealistic part provoked, the idea of having a process from concept model to final executing plans would have resulted in a total different approach from what we can see and find in Malaysia spatial and architecture today.

No comments:

Post a Comment