Tuesday 16 October 2012

My degree IAD final year Dissertation

Hi all, I'm Julius Lok Juin Chern, currently doing my final year in interior architecture and design at KBU International College, Malaysia.
Recently, I've done my internship in an ID company. It came about rethinking our role as ID, an artistic profession or consultant.
Below are my issues and discussion for my dissertation in details:

Area of Study: Interior Designer, Consultant or Artist?
Issues: Interior architecture and design had been listed as a professionals industry today. However, the industrialization of this creative field had slowly emerged into a stagnant and formulated enormity. As outcome seen in reality, Malaysia especially, interior design are rather more pastiche and losses in aesthetic values. The industrialization had given opportunity for the industries to grow but for better or worse?
Aim: To investigate the relationship between interior designers, client/user and spaces by looking into industries output, users perspective and responds towards spatial design.
Objectives:
  • To observe the market situation for interior design field.
  •  To investigate the industrialization impact towards interior design industries, which result in duty wavered for today’s interior designers.
  • To analyze the outcome appreciation by users/owners by evaluating the weightage of interior designed spaces, a norm or work of beauty.
  • To incline the capability and possibilities of interior designer, looking into designers that differ from the formulation.
  • To inflict the responsibilities of interior designers towards spaces and its end-users.
Your opinion and discussion on comment are very much welcomed and wish myself all the best for my final year ^.^!

1 comment: